JOB TITLE: GAMES MASTER
• Over 18 years old
• Weekend availability is essential
• Immediate start
WHAT IS A GAMES MASTER?
A Games Master’s primary responsibility is ensuring every customer has an unforgettable experience.
You be will be responsible for:
• Providing an engaging brief to immerse the players in the storyline
• Monitoring the escape rooms via CCTV and providing timely clues when groups require help
• Staging and resetting the escape rooms, and making small repairs
• Selling merchandise and cash handling
• Managing the online booking system, answering phone calls and responding to online enquiries
• Updating social media pages
• Additional tailored responsibilities depending on your skillset
• Ability to work independently – you will be responsible for running the games on your own, including opening/locking up the building
• Flexibility – in terms of work hours. We often get bookings at short notice so the role is suited to those who can pick up last-minute shifts. Our busiest days are Saturdays and Sundays, so weekend availability is essential
• Interest in puzzles – though it’s not necessary to have played an escape room before, a natural interest in puzzles/logic games is fundamental
• Enthusiasm and confidence – Games Masters are our customers’ first point of call so they must display natural charisma to set the tone for a fun-filled, action-packed experience
• Organised and punctual – we have set booking times that must be adhered to, to ensure smooth operation of the business
• Excellent communication skills – both oral and written. You will be briefing large groups of players on your own, so you must be able to speak confidently and clearly. You will also be typing clues so excellent grammar and attention to detail is important
• Personable, likeable and well-presented
ADDITIONAL SKILLS – Do you have a particular skill that may be useful for an escape room company?
We’re looking to hire well-rounded individuals who not only meet the essential criteria, but also have additional skills and talents. This is where strong applicants will stand out. Please highlight any specific skills in your CV/video and attach a portfolio if necessary.
Some skills that may be useful:
• Handyman skills
• Prop making
• Set dressing
• Digital marketing
• Creative digital media
• Content creation
• Graphic design
Please note this is not an exhaustive list. Please include any other skills you think may be beneficial.
WHAT WE OFFER
• A job that is genuinely interesting and fun
• Experience of working in an exciting company with enthusiastic and charismatic people
• Flexible hours
• On the job training
• Excellent scope for development and progression
£10.50 an hour
HOW TO APPLY
• Send your CV to email@example.com
• Send a short video (max. 2 minutes) on WhatsApp (to 079355 74742) answering the following questions:
– Tell us a bit about yourself
– What are your hobbies?
– Tell us about your escape room experience, e.g. how many games have you played, and which were your favourite games?
– Do you have any additional skills that may be useful for this role?
– What is your dream job?
We look forward to meeting you. Good luck!
1 Hustlergate, Bradford, BD1 1RE